Hello! I'd like to share some things about how I work and what I do which are important in making your wedding day one of your favorite days you’ll ever have.
1. I care about you and making sure you have the best day ever! Yes, my job is to create amazing photographs that you'll treasure for years and years, but it's also to help make your life a little easier throughout the process of planning your wedding AND on your wedding day so you can take it all in and enjoy the day.
2. I use top of the line equipment (go Canon!) and I know how to use it. I'm prepared for any tricky lighting scenarios that could come up, have worked in dark churches that don't allow flash and lighted dance floors in caves! The lighting situations can be so different wedding to wedding, and even season to season. It's important to hire a photographer who captures beautiful images using natural light (my favorite and the most ideal circumstance), but you also want someone who knows how to light up a dance floor with their flash, on and off camera. The reception is almost half of your wedding day, so those images should be amazing too!
3. What I wear to a wedding, how I interact with other vendors, etc. is extremely important to me. I dress professionally and appropriately for your wedding day. Sometimes, kinda like a guest so I can blend in. I wouldn't necessarily wear a strapless maxi dress (gotta be comfortable too, of course!) but I dress the part.
4. I like to be prepared so that you feel prepared and know exactly what to expect from me. 45 days before your wedding day, I send you a questionnaire for you to fill out. I ask for things like addresses, backup phone numbers just in case, vendor info, and a family photo shot list. This is also about the time when I begin to build a timeline for the day. This helps me the day of so that I have all the info I need in one place - and it helps you in getting organized and resting assured that I know where I need to be and when.
5. The day of the wedding, I arrive about three hours before the ceremony (give or take depending on the schedule). My second photographer and I shoot candids throughout the day, with the exception of detail shots - the dress, the shoes, florals, etc. and the formal photos - family, bridal party and bride and groom. The majority of our day is spent capturing the day as it happens with limited imposition.